"This post includes affiliate links for which I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase."
The 10 Best Linguistics Books list have been recommended not only by normal readers but also by experts.
You’ll also find that these are top-ranking books on the US Amazon Best Sellers book list for the Linguistics category of books.
If any of the titles interest you, I’d recommend checking them out by clicking the “Check Price” button. It’ll take you to the authorized retailer website, where you’ll be able to see reviews and buy it.
Let’s take a look at the list of 10 Best Linguistics Books.
10 Best Linguistics Books
Now, let’s dive right into the list of 10 Best Linguistics Books, where we’ll provide a quick outline for each book.
1. Affective Neuroscience: The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions (Series in Affective Science) by Jaak Panksepp Review Summary
2. Knickers in a Twist: A Dictionary of British Slang by Jonathan Bernstein Review Summary
3. Signing Illustrated: The Complete Learning Guide by Mickey Flodin Review Summary
4. Metaphors We Live By by George Lakoff Review Summary
5. Through the Language Glass: Why the World Looks Different in Other Languages by Guy Deutscher Review Summary
6. In the Land of Invented Languages: Adventures in Linguistic Creativity, Madness, and Genius by Arika Okrent Review Summary
7. The Unfolding of Language: An Evolutionary Tour of Mankind's Greatest Invention by Guy Deutscher Review Summary
8. Doublespeak (Rebel Reads) by William Lutz Review Summary
9. The Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology by C.T. Onions Review Summary
10. Teaching by Principles: An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy (4th Edition) by H. Douglas Brown Review Summary