"This post includes affiliate links for which I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase."
The 10 Best Philippines History Books list have been recommended not only by normal readers but also by experts.
You’ll also find that these are top-ranking books on the US Amazon Best Sellers book list for the Philippines History category of books.
If any of the titles interest you, I’d recommend checking them out by clicking the “Check Price” button. It’ll take you to the authorized retailer website, where you’ll be able to see reviews and buy it.
Let’s take a look at the list of 10 Best Philippines History Books.
10 Best Philippines History Books
Now, let’s dive right into the list of 10 Best Philippines History Books, where we’ll provide a quick outline for each book.
1. Ghost Soldiers: The Epic Account of World War II's Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides Review Summary
2. The Expendable: The true story of Patrol Wing 10, PT Squadron 3, and a Navy Corpsman who refused to surrender when the Philippine Islands fell to Japan by John Floyd Review Summary
3. Thunder on Bataan: The First American Tank Battles of World War II by Donald L. Caldwell Review Summary
4. The Indomitable Florence Finch (The Untold Story of a War Widow Turned Resistance Fighter and Savior of American POWs) by Robert J. Mrazek Review Summary
5. Tower of Skulls: A History of the Asia-Pacific War, Volume I: July 1937-May 1942 by Richard B. Frank Review Summary
6. Ghost Soldiers: The Forgotten Epic Story of World War II's Most Dramatic Mission by Hampton Sides Review Summary
7. Saipan: The Battle That Doomed Japan in World War II by James H. Hallas Review Summary
8. Honor in the Dust: Theodore Roosevelt, War in the Philippines, and the Rise and Fall of America's I mperial Dream by Gregg Jones Review Summary
9. Landing in Hell: The Pyrrhic Victory of the First Marine Division on Peleliu, 1944 by Peter Margaritis Review Summary
10. We Band of Angels: The Untold Story of the American Women Trapped on Bataan by Elizabeth Norman Review Summary